Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thai Massaman Curry with Tofu

 This is my favorite curry, I realize I make mine probably differently than most. I like mine a little sweeter, So I use a little sugar and my secret ingredient... Peanut Butter. But, it is my style so, whatev's. It tastes good the way I do it. You'll also want to use a large wok for this.
 INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 cups -- coconut milk
  • 1 can -- massaman paste (can be found at asian market, make sure it is vegan)
  • 2 large -- potatoes
  • 1 block -- firm tofu
  • 2 large -- carrots
  • 2 tbsp -- chunky peanut butter (optional)
  • 2 tbsp -- sugar (optional)
  • 2 tbsp -- roasted peanuts (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Step One!
Mix Massaman Paste and 2 cups of Coconut Milk over medium heat until well mixed (about 5 mins).













Step Two!
Chop & Add Potatoes and Carrots, Then Add remaining coconut milk.










  

Step Three!
Cube and Add Tofu and let sit over medium heat until potatoes and carrots are well cooked.

Step Four!
Add Peanut Butter, Sugar, Salt, Pepper and Peanuts and Stir Well.
Serve over White Rice. Enjoy!













-Jordan Halliday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...